Senior Court of Protection Paralegal
What are we seeking?
We would love an experienced Court of Protection Paralegal however we are open to experience in other areas so if you are an experienced Paralegal who has an interest to get into Private Client work this role could be perfect for you!
IMPORTANT – you must have a clean driving licence and own a car in order to be able to visit clients. Due to the nature of this role, offer of employment will be subject to you completing a DBS check.
About the team:
Our Tax, Trusts and Probate team has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for providing responsive, practical advice to individuals.
With a great depth of knowledge and experience between them, our specialists will ensure that you receive the very best advice. We strive to provide an excellent service to all of our clients, combining outstanding technical skill with a uniquely personal and down to earth approach.
About the role:
Specifically, a role within our expanding Vulnerable People Team handling the day to day management of the financial and other general affairs of individuals under Court of Protection deputyship orders and Powers of Attorney.
Key summary of the role includes:
- Liaising with clients and third parties by telephone and in person in relation to all day to day aspects of managing the affairs of vulnerable people
- Monitoring and reviewing care arrangements
- Monitoring and reviewing clients’ financial matters
- Dealing with the assessment of costs on Court of Protection matters
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection
- Preparing annual attorney/deputyship accounts
Main responsibilities & duties:
- Managing a busy caseload, under supervision of an Associate Solicitor as required, dealing with a wide range of general management files and a supporting role on Court application files to include – principally Court of Protection and Power of Attorney general financial management files ( reviewing accounts, ensuring deadlines are met, liaising with general carer and client enquiries), completion of Court of Protection accounts, and general administration of the files and supervision of costs assessments.
- Acting for a wide range of individuals
- Client and wider liaison, both over the telephone and in person, providing progress updates and managing the financial affairs of the file
- Limited participation in marketing initiatives and precedent development
- Meeting financial targets of 1,000 chargeable hours per annum
Do you have:
- 1+ years as a Paralegal (desirable)
- Relevant work experience in a legal environment (essential)
- Experience of time recording (essential)
- Experience in dealing with Vulnerable Clients and the Court of Protection (desirable)
- Commercial awareness (essential)
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with accounts (essential)
- A genuine interest in Private Client work with the desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and handle a busy caseload with demanding clients
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Vulnerable Persons but with internal teams across the business
- A clean driving licence and willingness to travel to the Maidstone office and to attend client meetings out of the office
- Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team by clicking the "Apply for this role" button or by emailing Recruitment@asb-law.com
We are not currently accepting candidate CV's from any recruitment agencies.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer