Private Client Solicitor (5+ years PQE)
About the team:
Our Tax, Trusts and Probate team has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for providing responsive, practical advice to individuals.
With a great depth of knowledge and experience between them, our specialists will ensure that you receive the very best advice. We strive to provide an excellent service to all our clients, combining outstanding technical skill with a uniquely personal and down to earth approach.
Specifically a role for an experienced Solicitor in our Trust, Tax and Probate (TTP) Team primarily providing estate planning advice to our existing and target clients.
About the role:
- The applicant must be able to provide in depth advice tax advice and run their own caseload with minimal supervision.
- They will also need to be involved in the supervision and development of more junior lawyers within the team; and
- Support the Head of Sales for Private Client in the delivery of the sales plan with business development initiatives
- Managing a busy caseload, dealing with a wide range of tax and trust matters to include - lifetime tax planning (to cover Capital Gains, Inheritance and Income Tax advice); Will preparation; advising on existing trusts, to include drafting documents to terminate and vary trusts; the creation of new trusts; pre and post death tax planning
- Acting for and advising a wide range of private individuals but in particular those with high net worth, landed estate owners and owners of SMEs
- Client liaison, both over the telephone and in person, taking instructions, providing progress updates and managing the financial affairs of the file
- Supporting on Private Client business development initiatives
- Supervising more junior team members and delegating work to them as appropriate
- Meeting financial targets of at least 1,000 chargeable hours per annum
Do you have?
- Been admitted as a Solicitor with the right to work in the UK and at least 5 years PQE in Private Client work in a respected regional or London practice
- Extensive experience of providing tax planning advice to high net worth individuals
- A client following or proven track record in business development demonstrating an ability to bring in good quality clients and work
- Experience in offshore trust and tax matters and double taxation would be an advantage
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- STEP, CTA or ATT qualification would be an advantage
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Commercial awareness
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and handle a busy and varied caseload
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in TTP but with internal teams across the business to increase cross referrals
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer