Paralegal (Tax, Trusts & Probate)
About the team:
Our Tax, Trusts and Probate team has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for providing responsive, practical advice to individuals.
With a great depth of knowledge and experience between them, our specialists will ensure that you receive the very best advice. We strive to provide an excellent service to all of our clients, combining outstanding technical skill with a uniquely personal and down to earth approach.
About the role:
The main focus of this Paralegal role is to primarily assist a partner and other senior solicitors in the Tax, Trust and Probate team with all aspects of private client work but with a particular focus on Will drafting and the preparation of powers of attorney. There will also be some exposure to trusts, probate and estate administration work. The main tasks of the role include:
- Managing a busy caseload, under supervision as required
- Taking instructions for and drafting basic Wills
- Taking instructions for, preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Dealing with probate and estate administration work in relation to simple estates
- Assisting senior practitioners within the team in relation to their matters as and when required
- Acting for a wide range of private individuals
- Client liaison, both over the telephone and in person, taking instructions and providing progress updates and managing the financial affairs of the file
- Participating in marketing initiatives
- Meeting financial targets initially of 1,000 chargeable hours per annum
Do you have?
- Previous experience in Private Client work
- Experience in writing Wills
- Experience of working a case management system
- Proven commercial awareness
- The ability to work independently
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability and willingness to travel to and work from both offices as required
- The willingness and ability to travel to and attend meetings out of the office
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with tax, accounts and other financial information
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and handle a busy and varied caseload
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in TTP but with internal teams across the business
- A genuine interest in Private Client work with the desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you! Click the button to apply.
We are not currently accepting candidate CV's from any recruitment agencies.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer