Family solicitor (4+ years PQE)
About the team:
The team is recognised in the Legal 500 and works on a wide range of marital and family-related issues with an emphasis on Mid to High net worth clients and the resolution of their financial disputes. The team plays an active role in working with clients to deal with their holistic needs and prides itself on providing an excellent bespoke service.
There are currently 4 fee earners of varying levels of seniority within the team who are motivated to continue to grow the department. We are recognised as one of the leading family departments both in size and complexity of the work that we undertake in the South-East region outside of London.
About the role:
Providing high quality advice in relation to divorce, financial and children matters with the ability to manage their own caseload with minimal supervision and to supervise and mentor junior fee earners within the team.
This role is a full time position based in Crawley or Maidstone. (Part time will also be considered, 3 or 4 days).
- Independently managing a full case load of family matters to include divorce, financial proceedings and children matters.
- Providing support to more junior Fee Earners including solicitors and paralegals in the Family team and working closely with these colleagues to assist with the progression of their caseload.
- Financial management of own client matters including regular billing and the management of unpaid bills.
- Producing documents required for court such as Forms E, First Appointment Documentation, Statements, Questionnaires and Consent Orders.
- Attending hearings/trials with Counsel.
- Trial preparation to include the drafting of Preliminary Documentation and ensure the Trial Bundles are practice direction compliant.
- Liaising with clients over the telephone and in correspondence both on your own matters and on other files which you are involved in.
- Undertaking legal research as required.
- Achieving a target of chargeable work per year (to be set by your Head of department/Service Delivery)(or pro rated if part-time).
Do you have?
- 4+yrs pqe experience as a Solicitor or Legal Executive in a respected family team with the right to work in the UK
- Supervisory experience or a keenness to develop and train junior lawyers.
- Experience or a keenness to participate in business development activities
- Some familiarity with the Legal Research tool PLC would be beneficial
- Strong academic record
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook including good keyboarding skills
- A clean driving licence, access to a car and a willingness to attend meetings out of the office
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Family but with internal teams across the business
- Commercial awareness as we act for many owner managed businesses
- Client focus with a desire to go above and beyond what is required to provide an excellent service
- The ability to work well under pressure, manage a varied workload and effectively manage your time
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Excellent client care skills
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- The ability to build and sustain relationships
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply, click the 'apply for this role' button and fill in the form to let us know why this role is for you.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer