Family solicitor (1-4 years PQE)
About the role:
The main function of this role is to provide high quality advice in relation to all matrimonial and family law matters under the supervision of a partner, assisting them in relation to their caseload and running a small case load of their own matters. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to Senior Fee Earners in the Family team and working closely with these colleagues to assist with the progression of their caseload and undertaking delegated tasks as appropriate.
- Undertaking your own caseload of matters with structured and supported supervision as required.
- Producing documents required for court including but not limited to Petitions for Divorce and Judicial Separation, Forms E, First Appointment documentation, Financial Dispute Resolution documentation, Statements, Consent Orders, Schedules of Costs
- Preparation of Nuptial Agreements, Separation Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements.
- Attending hearings/conferences with Counsel.
- Trial preparation to include the drafting of Preliminary Documentation and ensuring the Trial Bundles are Practice Direction compliant.
- Liaising with clients in face to face meetings, over the telephone and in correspondence both on your own matters and on other files which you are involved in.
- Undertaking legal research as required.
Do you have?
- At least 1 years up to 4 years PQE experience as a Solicitor with the right to work in the UK
- Previous experience of working within a Family department and a genuine interest in Family work
- Some familiarity with the Legal Research tool PLC would be beneficial
- A strong understanding of efficient financial management of a case and time recording
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook including good keyboarding skills
- A clean driving licence, access to a car and a willingness to attend meetings out of the office
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Family but with internal teams across the business
- Commercial awareness as we act for many owner managed businesses
- Client focus with a desire to go above and beyond what is required to provide an excellent service
- The ability to work well under pressure, manage a varied workload and effectively manage your time
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Excellent client care skills
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- The ability to build and sustain relationships
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach
- The desire to assist in marketing initiatives
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply, click the 'apply for this role' button and fill in the form to let us know why this role is for you.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer