Employment Solicitor (NQ-4 years PQE)
About the team:
The asb law employment team is well established in the South East, with extensive experience in all areas of employment law and working with an exciting range of clients in various industry sectors including manufacturing, telecoms and financial services. The success of the team has been driven by their ability to expose all members to a broad range of high-quality work predominantly from its Respondent clients.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role will be to support the more senior members of the team with their varied caseloads and manage, with supervision, your own caseload. This role requires an individual with a strong commercial approach.
You will be;
- Supporting and leading client meetings, taking full instructions, advising as appropriate and working with clients to develop strategies and solutions to their issues.
- Managing a Tribunal caseload from beginning to end, using project management software and lean methodologies, including drafting of ET1s and ET3s; document analysis and assembly; taking and drafting witness statements; negotiating settlements where appropriate; handling Case Management Discussions and attending Pre-Hearing Reviews.
- Organising your workload to ensure work correctly prioritised.
- Developing strong links with other teams in the Firm to encourage the cross-referral of work.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with third party professionals such as HR professions.
- Providing input into business development activities including attendance at networking events, seminars and articles for publication.
- Preparing and presenting at seminars on Employment Law and HR topics.
Do you have?
- NQ - 4 years PQE in Employment law
- Can demonstrate the ability to manage a caseload with a wide variety of employment law queries
- A strong ability to manage clients for profit
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working a case management system
- Commercial awareness and mindset
- The ability to work well under pressure and handle a number of work priorities with limited supervision at times
- The desire to develop and strengthen the asb Employment Team’s brand as the best employment law offering in the South East
- The ability to work as part of a team, showing respect for and support to all your colleagues
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Excellent client care skills
- A committed, keen and hard-working attitude
- An aptitude for and commitment to business development (although fee-earning will be the focus of the role)
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team by clicking the "Apply for this role" button or by emailing Recruitment@asb-law.com
We are not currently accepting candidate CV's from any recruitment agencies.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer