Employment Associate (6+ years PQE)
About the team:
The asb law employment team is well established in the South East, with extensive experience in all areas of employment law and working with an exciting range of clients in various industry sectors including travel, aviation, manufacturing, property and financial services. The success of the team has been driven by their ability to expose all members to a broad range of high quality work predominantly from its Respondent clients.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role will be to support the Head of Department with the success and growth of the team. This role requires an individual with a strong commercial approach with the ability to also supervise more junior members of the team. You must be proactive and innovative in your approach to business development, customer relation management and service delivery.
- Managing a Tribunal caseload from beginning to end, using project management software and lean methodologies and attending Pre-Hearing Reviews.
- Organising your workload to ensure work is correctly prioritised.
- Lead client meetings, advising as appropriate and working with clients to develop strategies and solutions to their issues.
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Developing strong links with other teams in the Firm to encourage the cross-referral of work between Teams.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with third party professionals such as HR professionals
- Developing and providing innovative input into business development activities including attendance at networking events, sales propositions, fixed price solutions and preparing articles for publication.
- Developing and delivering training to corporate clients
- Preparing and presenting at seminars and workshops on Employment Law and HR topics.
Do you have?
- 6+ years post qualification experience in employment law
- Can demonstrate the ability to manage a caseload with a wide variety of employment law queries
- A strong ability to manage client relationships
- Proven experience of business development
- Experience of delivering seminars and workshops
- Experience of delivering training (desirable)
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to work well under pressure and handle a number of work priorities with limited supervision at times
- The desire to develop and strengthen the asb Employment Team’s brand as the best employment law offering in the South East
- The ability to work as part of a team, showing respect for and support to all your colleagues
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Excellent client care skills
- A committed, keen and hard working attitude
- Commercial awareness and mindset
- An aptitude for and commitment to business development
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer