Dispute Resolution Solicitor (3-6 years PQE)
About the team:
Forming part of the firm’s Commercial Client Services Group, alongside our Employment and Commercial teams, our Dispute Resolution team has been spear-heading our innovative and successful approach to market. The firm has an enviable list of large corporate clients.
Our work involves disputes in the Commercial Court, Companies Court, Chancery and Queen’s Bench Divisions as well as some County Court matters. Our strategic approach to market has allowed the team to focus on complex, high-end work (similar to that normally only afforded to city firms) for a range of large and mid-sized corporate clients.
We also have experience of international and domestic arbitration, adjudication and expert determination. We have particular expertise in relation to ADR mechanisms. We offer specialist skills in the fields of general commercial, competition, fraud, property litigation, travel and aviation work.
This is an opportunity to part of a dynamic, friendly and growing team dealing with a wide variety of quality work. The team is headed up by a partner supported by 4 senior associates, 3 solicitors, 6 consultants, a CILEX and trainee.
About the role:
Candidates should have experience of advising clients (both claimants and defendants) on a broad range of commercial disputes, with proficient knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998. They should have the ability to conduct their own caseload with limited supervision and also support those in the current team on more complex matters. The post requires the candidate to have strong organisational skills and be a natural communicator with a desire to work closely with others. Team work is key, as is the willingness to go that extra mile for clients. There is a particular opportunity to work with a partner and some of the team in high profile and high value follow-on damage competition claims.
Key roles & responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with a range of disputes to include breach of contract, negligence, competition, fraud, defamation, IP and insolvency.
- Acting for companies, banks and other financial institutions, partnerships, professional bodies and private high net worth individuals.
- Managing a large and varied caseload, with a strong commercial approach.
- Developing strong and trusting relationships with existing and new clients.
- Supporting with business development initiatives and attending networking events as appropriate
- Supporting the Senior Associates and Partners on complex matters and undertaking research as appropriate.
- Financial management of client files.
- Achieving a target of 1300 hours of chargeable work per year
Do you have?
- 3-6 years post qualification experience of commercial litigation work
- Experience of working a case management system
- Experience gained from a City or good regional firm (Desirable)
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- A high level of motivation, drive and commitment
- The ability to work as part of a team within both the Dispute Resolution team and other internal teams across the business
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Client focus, with a strength in building and sustaining relationships
- Commercial awareness
- A determination to provide a truly outstanding service to clients, both as a lawyer and an adviser
- A developing affinity with marketing and business development
- The ability to work well under pressure
If you have the above, would like to share in our purpose and can strengthen the services we offer, we would really like to hear from you! To apply click the 'apply for this role' button to complete our online form.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer