Commercial Property Solicitor (NQ-3 years PQE)
About the team:
The specialist Property Services team is developing an enviable position in the market and deals with high quality transactional work for commercial clients, investors and developers. Their work involves landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals with some planning, construction law, environmental law and regulatory services.
We understand both the commercial and legal issues facing our clients and have the technical competence and processes in place to ensure that we deliver our services efficiently and effectively.
The main function of this role will be to support the above team in its growth and development by managing a large and varied caseload with precision and commerciality.
About the role:
- Managing a large and varied caseload with precision and commerciality
- Dealing with a wide range of commercial property matters for general business clients, institutions and charities
- Handling the sale and purchase of commercial and industrial investment properties
- Development of land for residential and business purposes
- Preparation and approval of leases and all matters relating to the Landlord and Tenant Act and general management work
- Secure lending over property, mainly for banks
- Providing property support and advice to the Corporate Finance team in relation to corporate deals and M&A work
- Providing first-class client service, demonstrating an understanding of client needs and working to their goals
- Playing an active role in building the business; developing marketing initiatives and drawing on existing contacts
- Ensuring accurate time recording
- Managing and scoping work, working to a fee estimate, billing and provisioning
- Taking ownership and accountability for the quality of your work and seeking partner supervision and approval where needed
- Taking ownership and accountability for maintaining and enhancing your own professional knowledge and expertise
- Participating in internal and external training and development as appropriate
- Collaborating with team members and across teams to ensure a high level of communication is maintained and that a high and consistent level of service is delivered to our clients
Do you have?
- Ideally, at least 3 years post qualification experience of commercial property work
- Proven experience of being able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable
- An in-depth understanding of client needs; able to pre-empt issues and exceed client expectations
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Strong communication skills
- The desire to market your work and introduce business development initiatives where possible
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team by clicking the "Apply for this role" button or by emailing Recruitment@asb-law.com
We are not currently accepting candidate CV's from any recruitment agencies.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer