Commerical Law Associate (5+ years PQE)
About the team:
At asb law, the commercial team are not just lawyers. They are business advisers who have long experience of a wide range of business issues, and who embrace a new and radical approach to the delivery of legal advice.
While recognising that every contract or brand issue is individual, by collaborating with clients and clearly understanding their appetite to risk and distinctive needs, the team adapts its services to provide practical and cost effective guidance to cover even the most complex situations.
About the role:
The key roles and responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Dealing with a wide range of commercial work to involve drafting, reviewing and negotiating trading agreements, together with supply, purchase and manufacturing agreements including joint ventures and outsourcing.
- Strong drafting experience in the following areas;
- Fintech / Banking
- GDPR – practical guidance experience.
- Brand Protection / Marketing
- Travel / Consumer Travel Law – Less of a priority.
- Dealing with high level matters which require particular level of expertise and bring their experience to the team. Preferred experience in IT/Cloud/Software/ IP
- Supervision/ people management / mentoring coaching of junior team members
- Work with the Partners in the team on how work is scoped, priced and allocated
- Assist with business development initiatives in accordance with the Firm’s strategy
Do you have?
- 5+ years post qualification experience
- Strong private practice experience
- Supervision experience and desire for people management
- Experience working with both companies directly, as well as in-house counsel
- General commercial contract experience, including negotiations
- An understanding of protecting Intellectual Property Rights and data protection / GDPR issues
- Experience of some or all of the following:
- IT / software and technology contracts
- Advising on technical online platforms and SaaS / Cloud computing arrangements
- Working with banking or financial services
- Procurement / outsourcing contracts
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- A high level of motivation, drive and commitment
- The ability to work as part of a team within both the Commercial team and other internal teams across the business
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Client focus, with a strength in building and sustaining relationships
- Commercial awareness
- A determination to provide a truly outstanding service to clients, both as a lawyer and a trusted adviser
- A developing affinity with marketing and business development
- The ability to work well under pressure
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team by either filling in the online form below or by email to Recruitment@asb-law.com
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer