Catastrophic Injury Lawyer (2 years PQE)
About the team:
Our Claims team (known as Aspire) has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for advising on brain and catastrophic injury claims.
Ranked as a Band 1 firm in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 respectively, aspire boasts a great depth of knowledge and experience in this area. Our specialists ensure that our clients receive the very best advice. They strive to provide an excellent service to all of our clients, combining outstanding technical skill with a uniquely personal and down to earth approach.
We have extensive expertise in all forms of injury, but particularly brain and catastrophic injuries resulting from:
- Road traffic accidents
- Accidents involving pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists
- Accidents at work and occupational diseases
- Occupiers’ and employers’ liability
- Accidents overseas
- Aviation accidents
- Accidents causing death
- Criminal injuries
- Medical and professional negligence
- Accidents involving all forms of transport
About the role:
Working in the Aspire team you will take a central role in maintaining the high client care standards and reputation this team has worked hard to create over the years. You will represent clients and their families to the best of your ability with understanding, skill and common sense to achieve a successful outcome of their claim.
- Managing a large and varied caseload of personal injury claim cases, mainly but not exclusively involving brain injury and complex orthopaedic injuries
- Running cases from initial instruction to pursing proceedings
- Providing first class client service, demonstrating an understanding of client needs and working to their goals
- Playing an active role in building the business; developing marketing initiatives and drawing on existing contacts
- Organising rehabilitation and support for your clients at an early stage in the case
- Achieving target hours of chargeable work per year(to be agreed)
- Achieving fee targets to be agreed for the year
Do you have?
- 2 years post qualification experience of personal injury work. In particular multi-track work.
- An understanding of client needs; able to pre-empt issues and exceed client expectations
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable
- Drivers License and be able to drive around the South East of England as required
- Accreditation to APIL and Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- The desire to market your work and introduce business development initiatives where possible
- The ability to work well under pressure with limited supervision and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools
- To develop your role through innovation and application of common sense so as to promote the team where possible resulting in the winning and sustaining of new work sources.
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team by clicking the "Apply for this role" button or by emailing Recruitment@asb-law.com
We are not currently accepting candidate CV's from any recruitment agencies.
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer