Pricing - mortgages and re-mortgages
Typical pricing estimate for mortgages or re-mortgages of residential property
Typical fees are on average £750 plus VAT depending on the complexity of the matter.
We will provide you with a detailed quote once we have the exact details of your matter.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. For example, search fees as required by the bank. Typical costs for disbursements are set out below:
- Fees for acting on behalf of the mortgage lender as set by your lender under the terms of the mortgage offer
- Search fees £275.00
- HM Land Registry fee £135.00
- Land Registry and Land Charges searches £10.00
- Electronic money transfer fee £43.20 (inc VAT)
- Postage, telephone, fax and copying £30.00 (inc VAT)
We will provide a detailed specific quote for our costs plus disbursements once we have discussed the specifics of your matter with you.
The legal fees and the disbursement fees together cover the work required to complete the re-mortgage/mortgage of your property from the point we are instructed until the re-mortgage/mortgage sums are sent to you.
Meet the team
Our Residential Conveyancing Team has over 60 years of collective experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to residential sales and purchases. The Team has particular experience in investor sales and purchases, residential matters relating to Probate or Court of Protection work, re-mortgaging and auctions as well as more general residential sales and purchases. We have five members of the team who may work on your matter.
See more details about members of the Residential Conveyancing Team including number of years qualified, areas of specialism and examples of cases recently dealt with.
Factors that can increase costs and timescales
A detailed summary of the work involved in the average purchase of a freehold residential property is set out in:
- Scope of work - Remortgage of Freehold Residential Property
- Scope of work – Remortgage of Leasehold Property
These documents also set out the conditions and exclusions to our fees.
If any of these conditions and exclusions are incorrect then the overall cost may increase. Some examples of what might increase the cost of the work include:
- if the legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- if we discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained
- if crucial documents we have requested have not been provided
The time taken from the point we are instructed until the re-mortgage/mortgage sums are sent to you will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 2-6 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower depending on the complexity of your title.
Date: 05 December 2018