Legal advice informed by a genuine awareness of travel sector issues and an exceptional knowledge of how travel companies operate
Our expertise in the travel sector goes far beyond a good grounding in all things legal. Every member of the asb travel law team is immersed in the industry.
For you this means:
- you don’t waste valuable time explaining travel-specific operational issues to us
- advice takes account of pressures and sensitivities particular to how the travel business works
- we can have a proper conversation with you about your business and commercial objectives
- we can put you in touch with our network of travel industry professionals
Our travel lawyers already know a lot about your environment; we want to spend our time learning about you.
We regularly help clients in the travel industry with a range of legal issues including:
- Regulatory advice: ATOL bonding, Package Travel Regulations, general trading regulation - see our elearning on ATOL Regulations 2012, ATOL Essentials
- Travel technology: back-office systems, booking/notification infrastructures, website structure, data protection compliance, protection of intellectual property
- Commercial agreements and bookings: Booking terms and conditions, supplier agreements, agency and distribution arrangements
- Recovery & insolvency: tour operator restructures and turnaround, impact of supplier failure, directors personal liabilities
- Employment: flight crew terms and conditions, overseas employment issues, trade union negotiations, training
- Corporate support: mergers and acquisitions, acquisition finance and lending, MBOs, joint ventures
- Dispute resolution: fraud, bribery and financial investigations, corporate manslaughter, defending claims, international asset recovery, shareholder disputes
To find out how we can make your journey easier with more information on travel law and to start a conversation on how we can help you please contact Rebecca Thornley-Gibson, Head of Travel (Partner, Employment).