Intellectual property & IT
Optimise your investment in your brand and technology for greater promotion, efficiency and to capitalize on new routes to market
To take advantage of new opportunities for your business, and ensure maximum exposure and value, you need to consider what intellectual property and technology you use, how you use it and how you support and protect it.
Contracts with technology providers must be reasonable – protecting your investment, as well as that of the providers and third parties. Other risk factors come into play when using communications channels, whether traditional marketing media or email, websites and social media.
A business will want to protect it's intellectual property and work out how to increase value in the business and reach its customers.
Our IP/IT specialists advise brand owners, suppliers and buyers of technology. We take account of all the legal and commercial factors and apply them at a practical level to suit your business needs.
Our expertise encompasses a range of legal disciplines, including:
- Protecting intellectual property Copyright, database rights, design rights, trade marks, patents
- Intellectual property disputes Infringement of copyright, database rights, design rights, trade marks, passing-off, domain name disputes
- Doing business online Websites, trading terms and conditions, domain name disputes, distance selling, e-marketing, data protection, fraud, content licensing
- Information technology Development, software licensing and hosting IT systems, support and maintenance agreements (service level contracts), procurement and delivery of IT systems, outsourcing projects, IT disputes
- Protection of information and data Confidentiality, data protection, privacy issues, information security, freedom of information
- Media, marketing and distribution Advertising and marketing arrangements, sponsorship contracts, publishing agreements, copyright (protection and infringement), film production agreements, franchising and distribution agreements
We work with you and help achieve the result you want – whether negotiating a deal, or trying to resolve contentious issues.
For more information on intellectual property & IT legislation and to start a conversation on how we can help you please contact Debbie Venn, Head of Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Associate, Commercial.