Unfortunately life's not always a beach and the travel sector is no more immune to disputes than any other industry. Luckily, we know the sector inside out, and are on hand to make the process as pain-free as possible, whilst delivering the best results for you.
Our extensive experience combined with invaluable industry insight enables us to identify and mitigate areas of risk within your business so that you can avoid disputes wherever possible.
When disputes do arise, we adopt a solution-based approach from the outset. We present a clear and proportionate strategy that achieves your objectives in the most time and cost effective way.
Clearly you want as little disruption to your business as possible, and our imperative is to adopt a robust, pragmatic approach to help resolve disputes quickly.
Equally, we appreciate the need to take a hard line in some instances, and our dedication to the sector ensures that any disputes are fought with passion and confidence.
We have an enviable reputation within the travel sector, acting for tour operators, travel agents, suppliers and passengers in a wide range of disputes.
Matters we regularly advise on include:
- Liability under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992
- Financial failure and insolvency
- The impact of the Bribery Act 2010
- Fraud and financial investigation
- Commercial disputes, including hotel and supplier contracts and agency agreements
- Claims by or against overseas suppliers
- Personal injury and fatal accidents
- Sporting events, ticket sales and packages
- Intellectual property disputes, including trade mark and copyright infringement, passing off, domain name disputes and database rights
- Theft of confidential information and/or breach of restrictive covenants
- Directors’ duties
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
For more information on dispute resolution for the travel industry and to start a conversation on how we can help you please contact Lyndsey Ratcliffe, Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution.