Keeping your travel sector business moving
The travel industry has seen many collaborations, mergers and acquisitions over the years. Given the pressures on all markets currently, there’s no doubt that more will follow.
We've helped travel clients of all shapes and sizes to evolve their businesses. We work hand in hand with the in-house legal teams of PLCs, and support entrepreneurs and owner managers in planning exits, making investments or starting a new business.
We can apply this broad experience in helping you manage your corporate requirements and achieve your business goals.
All companies need to review their corporate structuring, processes and corporate governance as a matter of routine. We have a dedicated team able to assist you through the formalities and technicalities, and can help you avoid costly mistakes.
We assist travel companies, their shareholders and directors with:
- Acquisitions and MBOs: transaction structuring, due diligence, negotiating deal terms and efficient project management for agreeing transaction documents.
- Disposals: mitigating liability, reducing risk and working to conclude transactions on time and on budget.
- Refinancing bank or investor funding: negotiating facility terms, reviewing investment agreements and security requirements and meeting lender information criteria.
- Restructuring: for limited companies, LLPs or partnerships; we can assist with constitutional documents and agreements between members or shareholders.
- Setting up: forming companies, LLPs and partnerships, preparing the framework documents and advising on the appropriate vehicle.
- Corporate governance: compliance with the Companies Act and other regulatory measures, guidance on director’s duties and reducing the risk of penalties and striking off as a result of a mistake.
- Company secretarial: meeting filing requirements, preparing board minutes and resolutions, maintaining company registers or acting as registered office.
- Share options and EMI schemes: exploring methods of incentivising staff, working with tax advisers to find an efficient structure and implementing scheme documentation.
Our travel team includes corporate finance specialists who, steeped in industry knowledge, are able to provide a partner-led service focused on achieving your aims within the very particular environment that is travel.
You may also be interested to see more information on our corporate finance services
For more information on corporate support to the travel industry and to start a conversation on how we can help you please contact Helen Mead, Partner, Head of Corporate Finance.