In an increasingly complex market, insurance companies and brokers are acutely aware that, to succeed, they need to apply resources effectively and ensure compliance throughout their operations.
asb law has been actively involved with the insurance sector for the past 15 years and has advised insurers, brokers and policyholders on a range of insurance related issues.
Our commitment to specific market sectors helps us to offer focus – meaning that our clients aren’t paying for time spent learning about key industry issues. Our established cross-departmental experience of working for a range of clients within the insurance and financial industries enables us to apply knowledge attuned to your specific needs.
Through our experience with insurance brokers, insurance companies, consolidating broker networks and independent intermediaries, we can provide a balanced view of any situation, which means that we are extremely well placed to propose workable, practical solutions.
We can call on a wealth of experience particular to your industry and our experts include solicitors who have:
- acted on a large number of coverage disputes, relating to material non-disclosure, breach of warranty, misrepresentation and fraud, and disciplinary investigations
- worked closely with insurers and brokers on employment matters, contracts, agreements and delegated authority schemes
- provided corporate finance and regulatory services to many insurers and brokers.
- strategically advised insurers and their client regarding risk management and prevention
- dealt with subrogated claims for both insureds and insurers
- advised on white collar crime and fraud
- provided training and advice on new and anticipated legislative developments affecting the insurance industry
- reviewed and provided advice on policy wording, terms and conditions
To speak to us about how to get the best out of your legal advisers, please contact Nicola Billen, Associate, Head of Insurance and Risk Management.