asb law’s dispute lawyers advise clients on various aspects of competition law affecting commercial relationships and behaviour.
- making claims for anti-competitive practices such as cartel investigations
- criminal proceedings such as fraud and corruption investigations
- providing guidance for good practice, compliance and training.
Claims in breach of competition law
We regularly act for parties who have suffered loss as a result of a breach of competition regulations, including, more recently, in relation to:
- European truck manufacturers price-fixing truck cartel
- Claims arising from the European Commission’s finding on the excessive levels of multilateral interchange fees within the credit card arena.
Recommended by FTA
asb law is one of the leading firms in the country representing claimants on truck cartel claims against truck manufacturers and is the only firm recommended by the Freight Transport Association (FTA).
Compliance advice and training
Our litigation lawyers advise on competition law and deliver competition compliance training, including advising on the establishment and maintenance of corporate competition compliance programmes.
We help organisations to manage risk and compliance through:
Dawn raid training for your senior team
Attending your premises in the event of dawn raid investigations
Advising on how to protect your business from the risk of being involved in anti-competitive activity
Providing advice in relation to competition compliance and regulation including anti-competitive practices, whistle-blowing, bid-rigging colluding, price fixing cartels
We also advise on managing anti-competitive practices with a criminal element such as bribery, corruption, fraud – see Fraud & Misconduct
For further information or initial advice, please contact Jonathan Stevens, Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution.