Revenue Controller, Finance
The Finance team provides a comprehensive, responsive and professional service to the partnership and to all staff. The team provides a purchase ledger function, cashiers, credit control, financial and management accounts. The finance function is going through an exciting transformation. The vision of the FD is to build a world class finance function that is client centric and aligned to the strategic needs of the business.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for all aspects of the Working Capital Management within designated department. This role requires you to embed yourself within the business and work under your own initiative.
This role is a highly visible “client” facing role with the opportunity to develop a good working relationship with Department Heads, Client Partners, Finance Director and the rest of the Finance team.
The finance director is looking for an energetic and passionate individual who is proactive and keen to suggest alternative working practices.
A key role of this position will be to actively encourage the partners to help reduce aged WIP and Debt in line with lock-up day targets and maximise the revenues and cash collections achieved for the firm. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting fee earners and partners on a monthly basis to review their unpaid bills and aged WIP
- Identify write-offs and provisional balances and ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring all possible steps are taken by departments to achieving their monthly and annual billing and cash collection targets
- Undertaking monthly reviews of WIP
- Preparation of management reports,
- Credit control activities including:
- Telephone conversations with clients and fee earners
- Issuing reminder letters and statements by post and email
- Processing credit card payments and allocating funds to client matters
- Working through draft billing emails and taking appropriate action
- Processing exception reports on a weekly basis
- Responsible for specific Client departments; providing updates both over the telephone and in person on debt
- Providing regular updates to the Finance Director on lock up performance and client concerns
- Maintaining internal controls and standards of accuracy in processing
- Ensuring that old and potential bad debts are actioned as per the credit control protocol
- Responding to requests for information and resolving queries, from both internal and external clients
- Daily banking of cheque and cash receipts for the Crawley office
- Managing a varied and heavy workload that can be pressurised at times
- Playing an active role in the team; covering work for others in the event of absence; being supportive and working together toward departmental goals.
- Use Experian and Red Flag to credit check clients
Do you have?
- Previous experience of working in an accounts environment; any credit control experience in a law firm would be preferable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of WIP management
- A good working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT (desirable)
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel
- The ability to demonstrate proficiency with numbers
- Experience in working with time recording systems (desirable)
- The ability to distinguish between client and office accounting transactions
- Close attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Confidence to deal with and challenge Partners and senior stakeholders to discuss their matters
- Client service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A confident telephone manner; able to handle requests/queries from fee earners and clients of all levels
- A presentable and professional attitude
- A helpful and enthusiastic disposition and be keen to learn
If you do have the above and you would like to share in our purpose and can strengthen the services we offer, we would really like to hear from you! To apply contact the In-House Recruitment Team either in writing to the address below or by email to Recruitment@asb-law.com
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer
asb law LLP, Origin Two, 106 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1BF
T: +44 (0)1293 861218 F: +44 (0)1293 861250