Client Matter Coordinator (part time 12 month fixed term contract)
About the team:
The CMC Team is a small close working administrative team working under the umbrella of the Risk and Compliance team. It consists of one full time supervisor and three part time co-ordinators, ultimately reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance.
About the role:
In terms of day to day activity, the team is responsible for managing processes critical to the efficiency and risk profile of the firm focusing on client/matter creation and case related administration. They maintain all client (current and prospective) information. New client information is processed by the team and essential checks (AML and conflict) are performed on every single instruction, using an Online Electronic Client Identification facility – SmartSearch and a variety of different research tools including analysis of structure charts and other materials to establish the true beneficial ownership of the client. The team carry out regular data validity checks to ensure that what is held is appropriate and accurate.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has great IT and data administrative skills, pays attention to detail and has an aptitude for investigative work, which at times can be complex and extensive. With the changes in legislation, each candidate will need to be aware of Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the impact of GDPR.
This role is a part-time (Wednesday to Friday), 12 month fixed term contract, based in Maidstone.
1. Create clients and matters in a compliant and efficient manner
- Use a bespoke IT system to run conflict checks
- Maintain a CRM database to minimise duplication
- Keep staff members informed on client and matter creation status
- Liaising with fee earners and PA's to ensure that appropriate compliance documentation is in place and chasing where they remain outstanding.
- Carry out individual/organisation Anti Money Laundering checks using the online facility ‘SmartSearch’
- Identify, assess and review company information databases and other sources for client due diligence research.
- Issue client care letters to clients using an electronic signature service and file into case plan once returned.
- Maintain client records with updated client due diligence.
- Escalate risk and AML issues as appropriate
- Provide training on SmartSearch and processes as and when required
2. Miscellaneous client/matter administration including:
- Re-activate de-activated clients in Peppermint (CRM system)
- Re-allocate clients and/or matters when required
- Capture full and complete contact and/or organisation information
- Use a bespoke IT system to track and chase completion of Risk Assessments and Client Care Letters
Do you have?
- Previous experience of working within a busy data management environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience of Client Due Diligence
- Experience of working in a law firm
- Previous AML / KYC experience (desirable)
- Previous bespoke legal IT system experience
- Minimum of Higher Education
- English and Maths GCSE
- Excellent IT skills
- Graduate (desirable)
- Touch Typing (desirable)
- Enthusiastic hardworking individual
- First-rate analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Confidence when dealing with senior staff members
- Ability to show initiative
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex or complicated procedures or requirements in a confident, clear, well-structured manner.
- Flexible team player, who supports colleagues and shares information and best practice
If you do have the above and you would like to share in our purpose and can strengthen the services we offer, we would really like to hear from you! To apply contact the In-House Recruitment Team either in writing to the address below or by email to email@example.com
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer
asb law LLP, Origin Two, 106 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1BF
T: +44 (0)1293 861218 F: +44 (0)1293 861250